Hi 👋🏼, I’m Victor, a Software Engineer with over a decade of experience, and I currently live in Montreal. I’ve started my journey a bit differently by going to law school before leaping to the marvelous world of computers.
I help develop eCommerce services for 🎮 Unity, a widely beloved company offering a robust ecosystem for game developers, artists, architects, engineers, and so much more.
Previously, I worked as part of the Payments team at ⚡️ Lightspeed, building and maintaining mission-critical microservices. We’ve served many thousand small to medium-sized businesses, facilitating onboarding, chargeback disputes, reconciliation, and fraud prevention. Our initiatives helped the company transition from an ISO to a PayFac model.
These two experiences enabled me to deep dive into high-traffic, high-availability services building. It has also allowed me to take part in two IPOs. I have also worked on smaller projects, both as a consultant and for web agencies.
I still believe that technology can be a powerful source of improvement for society and individuals. I am a longtime fan of Open Source.
My current tech stack :
A few more things:
- 🗺 I love traveling and learning about other cultures.
- 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 I was born in Brazil, and I live in beautiful Canada.
- 🚲 Cycling is one of my hobbies. I’ve only learned how to ride at the age of 25.
- ☕️ I consider myself a coffee nerd.
- 👨🏻⚖️ Before becoming a developer, I got a Bachelor of Law degree.